Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What the...??

So, the building next door has been slowly falling away from mine, revealing mostly intact and beautiful clapboard original to the building. The exception is the very top part where some of it is rotted off and needs to be replaced.This is how my contractors decided to resolve the situation:
Pretty, huh?
Needless to say we've already been in touch with the wood supplier to see if we can get a little replacement clapboard--which is inexpensive--and will actually look....uhhh...normal.
Don't get me wrong--I'm all for creative problem solving, but this looks like a band of hobos attacked the side of my house.

2 comments:

  1. Wow.

    I have to give your contractors credit for one thing - every time they do something retarded, I think to myself there is no way they can top this. And yet every time they do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi alex! i'm enjoying following your journey, good luck with everything. i blogged about the progression of your tub today ;-)
    http://craftinessnow.blogspot.com/2010/06/soothing.html

    ReplyDelete